I had the pleasure of finding an oasis in the midst of San Diego County, a relaxing getaway that will make you feel beautiful inside and out. Where is this oasis, you might wonder, right off of Rancho Bernardo at HD Beauty, The Skincare Boutique.
The spa is peaceful and quiet from the moment you walk in and the owner Melanie White is not only warm and inviting but a Master Esthetician. However, let’s start at the beginning, before you go to the spa, she offers a Skincare Quiz that is only a few minutes long and asks questions so she knows a little about your needs and concerns prior to your facial and it also gives you a diagnosis about the type of skin you have.
I answered the skin care quiz about my skin issues however, I went in to see Melanie with no makeup on, which never happens, and knowing that as much as I love makeup and good skin is the best key to makeup application, I am not the best about caring for my own skin. When it comes to my clients I will help and give tons of tricks and referrals but my own is not as cared for. So, I was worried that I may be a little more work and trouble for her.
When I walked in the spa I loved how fresh and serene the atmosphere was. A sitting area and product displays for you to look at. I immediately was open about not having a facial in a while and that I was going to need all the help she could give me, and she smiled and told my not to worry that she could help my skin and I would immediately see results after leaving my face in her skillful hands.
She told me to go in the treatment room and put on the half robe and get comfy in the bed and all would be taken care of while I relaxed and enjoyed some me time. The treatment room is a mix of light pink and white, tremendously clean and inviting.
Melanie and I chatted like girlfriends, but I was curious about her background and immediately could hear her passion when we were talking about the HD Beauty, The Skincare Boutique. We instantly bonded over makeup artistry as she began in makeup and worked for several major brands for many years. She told me that as much as she loves makeup that helping people with their complexions and correcting their skin was her calling. She has state of the art equipment for her clients and gives her clients customized facials that are never the same for them or for others. Melanie also worked with doctors for years and has developed her own skincare line HD Beauty, that is a cosmeceutical skincare line. Her really focuses on the needs of her clients and corrrecting issues they may have.
My Custom Facial:
- Cleanse – Melanie cleansed my skin to prep it and to examine what her professional eyes saw that I would need and asses what my skin was in need of.
- The next step was a Mandelic Peel. Which is a type of alpha hydroxy (AHA) peel, it was to help with my pH Balance and because it is a gentle peel it is perfect for people with acne-prone skin and rosacea. My skin tingled in a good way for a few minutes during this part of the treatment.
- Melanie could not have known but I love pumpkin scents and the next step was a Pumpkin Peel Masque to help refresh my skin. Pumpkins contain a naturally occurring fruit enzyme with high levels of proteases, which exfoliate dead skin and clean pores of debris. Perfect for my very dry skin.
- Steam was next on the menu and I relaxed
- Melanie decided that the Apple Stem Cell Scrub was next in the facial cocktail she was creating for me. By stimulating aging skin stem cells, this apple plant extract has been shown to lessen the appearance of unsightly wrinkles and a tremendous ability to rejuvenate aging skin.
- After the scrub it was more steaming and extractions for my face.
- HD Beauty Toner was then applied.
- A Phytosome Mask Treatment was then applied and while that was on it was 15 minutes of the LED PhotoFacial . I was so curious about this part of the treatment. LED is a gentle light therapy treatment that helps increase collagen, treat acne, even out the complexion and diminish fine lines and wrinkles. It can be used in place of an IPL treatment and far more cost friendly and gentler. For me it was like laying out on a tropical beach and repairing my skin at the same time. Melanie also told me that she uses this LED light treatment regularly and that 10-15 minutes can make all the difference for skin.
- With a custom oil Melanie created she gave me a Lymphatic Massage. The Lymphatic System is part of your immune system and carries a fluid which is essential om fighting sickness in your body. Besides what one may think of soreness, swollen glands it can effect your skin in the way of being itchy or dry. I had no idea but thank goodness Melanie did.
- Sadly to say the last piece of the custom facial was the Blueberry Recovery Mask, it was to hydrate, condition and soothe my skin. The final step in helping my skin get to a radiant glow.
Melanie sent me home with an amazing gift bag of the HD Beauty: Age Reverse System a regimen that helps diminish the signs of aging and increase luminosity. Step 1: is HD Pure, a gentle cleanser. Step 2: HD Revitalize C-Serum 7 in 1 Rejuvinator, an anti-aging serum which improves brightness, texture and pores. Step 3: HD Perform Multi-Complex Creme, an antioxidant moisturizer to reverse and prevent visible aging changes. She also added a sample of HD Defend SPF 15, an HD Beauty chapstick and the “True Beauty comes from within” baseball cap which I already have worn out and love.
HD Beauty, The Skincare Boutique is more than just a spa that you get a facial at, it is an experience from start to finish with a Celebrity Esthetician who is passionate about her clients skin and making it look amazing on the way out and helping you keep it gorgeous long after. I am so excited to go back and see Melanie for another custom facial and my skin is a million times better. From the girl that has mild roscea, flaking skin in some areas, lines and a few wrinkles and a little acne. Like I said I needed an expert to help me, I have been other places and never seen results like this that last more than a day. Book a session at HD Beauty, The Skincare Boutique and check out her amazing skincare line as well.
HD Beauty, The Skincare Boutique
16486 Bernardo Center Dr, Ste 120
San Diego, California 92128
Stay tuned for a Follow up post about the products and how my skin is doing after a week of using the HD Beauty: Age Reverse System.