(Photo Credit: She Knows)
With this summer’s record-breaking heat and humidity at an all-time high, what is a girl to do to keep her makeup from melting away? Here are some tips to achieve a hot summer look that is gorgeous, fashionable and sure to be a hit at the summer parties.
1. Start with a primer both for your eyes and your face. There are some great products out there, one of my favorites is the Smashbox Anti-Shine Primer. It mattes your skin and then helps your foundation stick.
2. Next I apply eye makeup, before foundation. To get a great smokey eye try using Lorac’s 3-in-1 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils. The color is fantastic and they go on smooth and don’t budge so your smokey eye stays smokey. And it has a smudger on the end, to give you a little smoke in the corner. For shadow try Make Up Forever’s Aqua Cream. It goes on creamy, dries into a powder that is waterproof and does not crease.
(Photo Credit: Make Up Forever)
3. When it comes to foundation for a hot summer look, less is more. Think about using a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. However, you will need to find one that still has strong coverage for even skin tone and longevity. My personal pick is Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Tinted Moisturizers. They are thin enough to feel light, but thick enough to look like foundation in pictures.
4. Instead of blush, I go with a bronzer to get the sun kissed look that reminds me of summer. Add it to all the places the sun naturally hits your face: forehead, cheeks, bridge of nose and chin. use a light touch and if needed you can add more than one layer.
5. Lips is a matter of taste, however, with a great smokey eye, I go light on the lips so as not to look overly done. One option is to use a waterproof lip pencil, so that you are not constantly reapplying at the party. A great option is Make Up Forever Aqua Lip Pencil, which you can color the entire lip with and add a touch of color without the hastle.
6. Finish the look off with MAC Fix +, it is a great spray and will set your makeup.
Stay cool and beautiful!